Thursday, June 16, 2005

Okay here is my BIG news..............I have my first knitting job!!!! Wheeeeeeeee! Junk and Foibles is a vintage clothing store here in downtown Halifax and they want armwarmers and legwarmers and fingerless gloves for winter. I am v.excited BUT....how shall I make them something I'm proud of and yet not so fancy or time consuming that I don't get my money back? I'm thinking a simple lace pattern wouldn't take too long and that if I make plain arm thingies and duplicate stitch things ontop (skulls, hearts, stars, guitars, bows) that wouldn't take too long. Has anyone else out there in blog land done this? Is it too premature to be thinking about a brand image? I don't think so but I'm pretty damn self-centred. Here's some stuff I've found inspiring lately:

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com(Bluemarine s/s05) but also Twinkle's chunky stuffImage hosted by Photobucket.com I'd like to make coverups/ warmer uppers for the stuff they sell at Free People 'cause it's a little colder up here. What do you think? Should I just stick to plain punky armbands or should I really run with this? I know that not everybody wants to look like me...but they should. Help me before I design a collection.


Soundtrack: "Silver Springs" (the real one; the bside), Fleetwood Mac

4 comments:

emy said...

Congrats! Let us know how it goes ok? Just don't tire yourself out else the fun is out of the window.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
I am sooo envious!

All the more reason I should try to make to HRM S&B, eh? Because a real, professional designer is going to be there.
At some time in the future I'll be able to say "Oh yeah, I knew Morgan when ... ."

Best of luck,
Janey

Anonymous said...

Great! You don't post in EONS and now there's so many I can't keep up!!! Sheesh! (Be careful what I wish for?? teehee) Anyways, I should be back in full swing now! I left a monstrously long assed post on the blog that no one can possibly read in one sitting, but I'm all up to date and can finally start reading other blogs! Phew!
And YES! I would LOVE to hang out! I've always wondered what Halifax is like.. How far away are you (driving? Can I even drive there?/) ooh! And a big congrats on yer jobby job! See? I told you that you are gonna be a STAH!!! You knit the most BEAUTIFUL things! I can't wait to see what you've been doing!

natasha said...

that is really exciting! i knit for a couple of differnt places, and it isn't a bad idea at all to make tags, etc. that way, people can contact you if they want to see what else you can make, etc. also, make sure you figure out what your costs will be in yarn, how long they will take you, and so then what you must charge to make it worth your while...otherwise, you may find that it sucks and you get nothing out of it. the places i knit for buy my yarn for me and then i charge per item for time...hope this helps...natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...