Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pomo Boho Collar






Pomo Boho Collar
©Morgan Forrester, 2007
1 ball Paton's Grace "Taupe" (Main Colour)
1 ball Paton's Grace "Sky" (Contrast Colour)
3.25mm hook
1 charming button

Triple Picot: ch 3, sl st in 1st ch, ch 4, sl st in sl st, ch 3, sl st in starting stitch.

With MC,
ch 55+3
1. dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in every stitch across to last 5 ch stitches (these 5 extra stitches will create the buttonhole)
2. ch 3, 1 dc *ch 3, 1dc*
3. ch 3, 1dc, ch 3, in next ch 3 loop *1 tc, ch 1, 2tc, ch 1, 1tc, ch 3, skip next ch 3 loop, sc in 2nd st of next ch 3 loop, ch 3, skip next ch 3 loop* to end, dc in last stitch.
4. ch 3, 1dc, *ch 5, sc in between 2nd and 3rd tcs of tc cluster (top of cluster)* dc in last stitch.
5. ch 5, 1dc, *ch 7, sc in 3rd st of ch5 loop*
6. ch 7, 1dc, *ch 9, sc in 4th st of ch 7 loop*
7. repeat row 6.
8. ch 9, 1dc, *ch 11, sc in 5th st of ch 9 loop*
9. ch 1, sc in each st of first loop *In sts of next loop, 3sc, ch 1 2dc, ch 1, 1tc, ch 1, 2dc, 3sc. sl st in each st of next ch 11 loop. In next loop, sl st 5, in 6th st make triple picot, sl st 5. sl st in each st of next ch 11 loop* Repeat to last loop : sc in each st of last loop. Sl st to finish.

Irish Crochet Rose
(Make 4)
chain 4. Join with a slip stitch to first chain to form a ring
*Chain 4, sc into ring* rep *to* 5 times. (You have 6 loops)
*sc into next loop, ch 1, dc, ch 1, sc* rep *to* in each loop.
sl st to finish, weave in ends.

Picot Edging
With CC sl st to first st of piece.
ch 1, *sc, ch 3, skip 1 stitch, 3sc*
Work in pattern to end of row, sl st to finish.

Finishing
Block, extending 4 tc points as far as posible and aranging picot points to match. Encourage overlaping effect of rose leaf motifs (tc clusters) by pinching and pinning into postition.

De-ply scrap lengths of MC yarn to use in sewing up-this will ensure a colour match.
Attach Irish Roses to tc points. Sew button into place. Using button as guide, sew loose end of buttonhole ch 5 to main body.
Admire!




Soundtrack: "Hey There Fancypants", Ween

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay. Blogger let me in. I have been having the worst time commenting lately.

Lurve the collar - you look so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collar, Morgan. It appeals to my inner, well-accessorized Victorian, who is usually squashed down by my need to get out the door within 10 minutes of waking.

morgan said...

cheers guys
hi to all the new readers!
please let me know if there are any problems or sticky points in the pattern
m
ps oh steph lol i miss you guys

SylvChezPlum said...

Wow, beautiufl collar, WISTing it right away.. need to make one !! :-D
Thanks for sharing Morgan !!

Geo said...

Ooo, lovely! This is next in my queue. Thank you.

JoniB said...

This is such a cool pattern! I just love it!! Very pretty!

Serendipity Handmade + Vintage said...

So glad I found your blog...I love the collar too! I put it in my faves and my queue....

Steph said...

I tried to follow your instructions but they are too vague : ( Beautiful collar but could not make it. : (

morgan said...

Hi Steph,

Thanks for the comment and for trying out my pattern.
I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. Please do message me if you have any questions; was there a specific step that was unclear? I know that I have a tendency to write as organically as I stitch, particularly in my crochet patterns :(

The collar has some great pattern support on Ravelry. 15 Ladies or so have made beautiful versions there, some with minor modifications. I recommend their notes and friendly tips.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pomo-boho-collar/people

Crochet patterns are notoriously vague; I often run private lessons purely in how to decipher them. Please drop me a line if you ever find yourself in this position again.
Thanks for reading!
Morgan

PS I wrote this pattern such a long time ago I'm now going to go back and retest it. It can't hurt! Thanks again for your note.

1parentingphil said...

fancy and romantic! was so inspired by this, just had to feature you in my blog :)

thanks for the free pattern, will start on my project over the weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...