Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Pomo Boho Collar
Pomo Boho Collar
©Morgan Forrester, 2007
1 ball Paton's Grace "Taupe" (Main Colour)
1 ball Paton's Grace "Sky" (Contrast Colour)
1 charming button
Triple Picot: ch 3, sl st in 1st ch, ch 4, sl st in sl st, ch 3, sl st in starting stitch.
1. dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in every stitch across to last 5 ch stitches (these 5 extra stitches will create the buttonhole)
2. ch 3, 1 dc *ch 3, 1dc*
3. ch 3, 1dc, ch 3, in next ch 3 loop *1 tc, ch 1, 2tc, ch 1, 1tc, ch 3, skip next ch 3 loop, sc in 2nd st of next ch 3 loop, ch 3, skip next ch 3 loop* to end, dc in last stitch.
4. ch 3, 1dc, *ch 5, sc in between 2nd and 3rd tcs of tc cluster (top of cluster)* dc in last stitch.
5. ch 5, 1dc, *ch 7, sc in 3rd st of ch5 loop*
6. ch 7, 1dc, *ch 9, sc in 4th st of ch 7 loop*
7. repeat row 6.
8. ch 9, 1dc, *ch 11, sc in 5th st of ch 9 loop*
9. ch 1, sc in each st of first loop *In sts of next loop, 3sc, ch 1 2dc, ch 1, 1tc, ch 1, 2dc, 3sc. sl st in each st of next ch 11 loop. In next loop, sl st 5, in 6th st make triple picot, sl st 5. sl st in each st of next ch 11 loop* Repeat to last loop : sc in each st of last loop. Sl st to finish.
Irish Crochet Rose
chain 4. Join with a slip stitch to first chain to form a ring
*Chain 4, sc into ring* rep *to* 5 times. (You have 6 loops)
*sc into next loop, ch 1, dc, ch 1, sc* rep *to* in each loop.
sl st to finish, weave in ends.
With CC sl st to first st of piece.
ch 1, *sc, ch 3, skip 1 stitch, 3sc*
Work in pattern to end of row, sl st to finish.
Block, extending 4 tc points as far as posible and aranging picot points to match. Encourage overlaping effect of rose leaf motifs (tc clusters) by pinching and pinning into postition.
De-ply scrap lengths of MC yarn to use in sewing up-this will ensure a colour match.
Attach Irish Roses to tc points. Sew button into place. Using button as guide, sew loose end of buttonhole ch 5 to main body.
Soundtrack: "Hey There Fancypants", Ween