Thursday, March 03, 2005


Just got back from Toronto trip. Did not go near any yarn stores! Dr.s appointment went well and shopping better; a Dame Darcy (One of my all time favorite ladies) book at silver snail, got caught up in Blue Monday issues I had missed, beautiful beaded jewlery at Bitter Sweet and great birthday presents for Mum :)

Most exciting thing though was a trip to the Textile Museum of Canada. It was not what I expected and I didn't have as much time to look around as I would have liked, but we spent quite a while at the Museum Shop. I must get my work in there.

But the most amazing thing is....Kaffe Fassett exhibition this summer!!! I don't think he'll be there, but I really hope I'll be able to be. It's really got me thinking I should start turning out some serious work....after the deadline for Debbie Stoller's Crochet book. REALLY need to get going on that. Thinking, nalgene cozy, poncho, hat with ribbon....I really want to be a part of this book!!

It was freezing in TO and my feet got mighty slushy, so it wasn't worth it to do ken market or the fashion district for ribbons. Besides, the trip to the hospital was crazy stressful, especialy because there's a funeral parlor opposite the entrance. Always reassuring. But then I suppose there's a graveyard across from the hospital in Halifax.

Everyone was staying inside because of the weather so I didn't see many inspiring woolies, but we did make a stop at Misdemeanors. It's really changed since it moved across the street. (I know I am probably way behind the times) The new store was inspiring in a sort of 'why the hell don't I do that, if only I knew how to sew' kind of way. I could make beautiful embellished dresses...I just don't know if there are enough people to buy them where I live.

Waited in the train station thinking how exhausted I was and cold and wet and so decided....

...to go see Big Sugar's Gordie's new band Grady 2 hours after getting off the train. These are the stupid things I do that work out amazingly. Awesome show, great time, many a wink and smile and now, the next day so sore and tired it's not even funny. Oh well, c'est la vie d'morgan. (La vie du m'organ is okay according to Doc! lol) Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Atouria said...

Hey morgan! It looks like you had a great trip to TO! I can't believe you behaved so well and didn't buy any yarn! I can't believe they're going to have a Kaffe Fassett exhibit.. you Have to go!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...