Thursday, November 27, 2008

Handspun

Think I spotted a reader of this blog downtown yesterday. If nothing else it told me I'd better post.
Here is some handspun. I think I'm finding my niche, but there are lots of different techniques that interest me. My current stumbling block is boucle. I've tried a few methods but can't happen on the look I'm going for. I think it's down to fibre type. I need a silkier something for the single that becomes looped.
These ideas came up in the mean time.
Simple thick and thin 2 ply, Louet "Karaoke" (50% soy silk), colourway "Rainbow"

Same as above (2nd multi combo "Playful")



Silk blend from Gaspereaux (purchased at Maritime Spinners Retreat), plied with DMC floss, German frayed ribbon, metallic flowers, paper flowers, tiny Indian bells and NZ merino (from a Top Knot)-more of this sort of thing to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Spinning Wheels,
Crystal Perfection
Not to be Confused with..."

Anonymous said...

I love the last one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...