Friday, January 18, 2008

I don't know who enjoyed Granny's Feather & Fan shawl (above, right at E.S.S.)more;
Granny, on her 90th birthday, (she knows it's not a veil)


Or Ginny Pussycat while it received it's last blocking.


Careful, Gin-with so many points it's as pinned as a fretful porpentine.

Stupid me, I don't have a proper photo of the shawl (now fichu). I will take one next time I see Granny. I finished it so early/short because I had misread the charts. I seem to have omitted two or three plain knit rows for every one pattern row. That's why it didn't grow as fast as I wanted. The boo boo made the project more labour intensive, but I think the end result is pleasingly dense and over complicated.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Kitty! Is that your kitty!

Your granny is a hoot and a half.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...