Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ecky Thump! Was Elsie Tanner a Knitwear Model?



The following photo is taken from an English Knitting Book circa 1945.
It illustrates a pattern for a beaded scarf.
Coronation Street fans and Tony Blair, I ask you...



Is this a photo of Pat Phoenix?
Ms Phoenix portrayed the glamorous Elsie Tanner for over 20 years. She wore a similar hat to this one when she married Alan Howard (when their characters were wed- I don't know about their offscreen do), and also to Emily and Ernest Bishop's wedding. Correct me if I'm wrong.


I would knit anything that might give me an ounce of Elsienish.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I read what happened when you posted this question on Ravelry. Oh, Morgan I'm so sorry! You can't expect other people to be sane. lol

morgan said...

I will never post on Ravelry (or any other message board) again. sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...